The Governor of Jharkhand is the nominal head of the Indian state of Jharkhand and the permanent representative of the President of India. And the Governor is appointed by the President of India for a term of five years. The Raj Bhavan in Ranchi serves as the official residence. Ramesh Bais is the governor of Jharkhand from 14 July 2021.
In Hindi: झारखंड के राज्यपाल भारतीय राज्य झारखंड के नाममात्र प्रमुख और भारत के राष्ट्रपति के स्थायी प्रतिनिधि हैं। और राज्यपाल को भारत के राष्ट्रपति द्वारा पांच साल की अवधि के लिए नियुक्त किया जाता है। रांची में राजभवन आधिकारिक निवास के रूप में कार्य करता है। रमेश बैस 14 जुलाई 2021 से झारखंड के राज्यपाल हैं।
Powers and Functions
The Governor has got many types of powers:
- Executive powers relating to administration, appointments, and removals,
- Legislative powers relating to law-making and the State Legislature, i.e. Legislative Assembly or Legislative Council, and
- discretionary powers to be exercised at the discretion of the governor
शक्तियां और कार्य
राज्यपाल को कई प्रकार की शक्तियाँ प्राप्त हैं:
- प्रशासन, नियुक्तियों और निष्कासन से संबंधित कार्यकारी शक्तियाँ,
- कानून बनाने और राज्य विधानमंडल, यानी विधान सभा या विधान परिषद से संबंधित विधायी शक्तियाँ, और
- विवेकाधीन शक्तियों का राज्यपाल के विवेक पर प्रयोग किया जाना
Governors of Jharkhand
|Prabhat Kumar||15 November 2000||3 February 2002||1 year, 80 days|
|Vinod Chandra Pande||4 February 2002||14 July 2002||160 days|
|M. Rama Jois||15 July 2002||11 June 2003||331 days|
|Ved Marwah||12 June 2003||9 December 2004||1 year, 180 days|
|Syed Sibtey Razi||10 December 2004||25 July 2009||4 years, 227 days|
|Kateekal Sankaranarayanan||26 July 2009||21 January 2010||179 days|
|M. O. H. Farook||22 January 2010||3 September 2011||1 year, 224 days|
|Syed Ahmed||4 September 2011||17 May 2015||3 years, 255 days|
|Droupadi Murmu||13 July 2021||13 July 2021||6 years, 56 days|
|Ramesh Bais||14 July 2021||Incumbent||1 year, 180 days|
About Raj Bhavan
On August 2, 2000, the Parliament of India passed the Bihar Reorganization Bill to create the state of Jharkhand, on November 15, 2000, Jharkhand was carved out of 18 districts from Bihar to form the state. After being separated from Bihar, Jharkhand became the 28th state of the country. 15 November 2000 – Birsa Munda’s birth anniversary. The state is bordered by Bihar in the north, Odisha in the south, West Bengal in the east, and Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in the west.
2 अगस्त, 2000 को, भारत की संसद ने झारखंड राज्य बनाने के लिए बिहार पुनर्गठन विधेयक पारित किया, 15 नवंबर, 2000 को झारखंड को राज्य बनाने के लिए बिहार के 18 जिलों से अलग किया गया। बिहार से अलग होने के बाद झारखंड देश का 28वां राज्य बना। 15 नवंबर 2000 – बिरसा मुंडा की जयंती। राज्य की सीमा उत्तर में बिहार, दक्षिण में ओडिशा, पूर्व में पश्चिम बंगाल और पश्चिम में उत्तर प्रदेश और छत्तीसगढ़ से लगती है।
HON’BLE GOVERNOR’S PROFILE
Name- Shri Ramesh Bais
Position Held- Governor of Jharkhand
Father’s Name- Late Khomlal Bais
Mother’s Name- Smt. Kejabai Bais
Date of Birth- 02 Aug 1947
Birth Place- Raipur (Chhattisgarh)
Marital Status- Married
Date of Marriage- 01 May 1968
Spouse Name- Smt. Rambai Bais
No. of Children- No.of Sons:1 No.of Daughters:2
Permanent Address- 9, Ravi Nagar, Raipur – 492 001, Chhattisgarh
Email Id- email@example.com
Educational Qualifications- Higher Secondary Educated at B.S.E., Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- 1978- Councillor, Municipal Corporation, Raipur
- 1980-85- Member, Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 1980-82- Member, Estimates Committee, Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 1982-85- Member, Library Committee, Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly
- 1982-88- Pradesh Mantri, Bharatiya Janata Party (B.J.P.), Madhya Pradesh
- 1989- Elected to 9th Lok Sabha
- 1989-90 & 1994-96- Vice-President, B.J.P., Madhya Pradesh
- 1990-97- Member, Public Accounts Committee
- Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Steel and Mines
- 1993 onwards- Member, National Executive, B.J.P.
- 1994 onwards- Member, Executive Committee, B.J.P., Madhya Pradesh
- 1996- Elected to 11th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1996-97- Member, Committee on Agriculture
- Member, Committee on Petitions
- Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Industry
- 1998- Elected to 12th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 1998-99- Union Minister of State, Steel, and Mines
- 1999- Elected to 13th Lok Sabha (4th term)
- 13 Oct. 1999 – 30 Sep- Union Minister of State, Chemicals and Fertilizers
- 30 Sep. 2000-29 Jan- Union Minister of State, Information and Broadcasting
- 29 Jan. 2003- 8 Jan- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Ministry of Mines
- 9 Jan. 2004 – May 20- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Ministry of Environment & Forests
- 2004- Elected to 14th Lok Sabha( 5th term)
- Member, Committee on Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Member, Committee on Public Accounts
- Consultative Committee, Ministry of Power Member
- Member, Hindi Salahakar Samiti, Ministry of Coal and Mines
- 5 Aug. 2007 onwards- Member, Committee on Petroleum & Natural Gas
- 1 May 2008- Member, Committee on Public Undertakings
- 2009- Elected to 15th Lok Sabha (6th term)
- 2009-2014- Chief whip in Lok Sabha (BJP)
- 6 Aug. 2009 Member, Committee on Public Undertakings
- 31 Aug. 2009- Member, Committee on Petroleum and Natural Gas
- 23 Sep. 2009- Member, Rules Committee
- 1 May 2010- Member, Committee on Public Undertakings
- 2014- Elected to 16th Lok Sabha (7th term)
- Sept. 2014- May 2019- Appointed as Chairman of, the Standing Committee on Social Justice & Empowerment
- Extensively conducted studies on the Rights of Persons with Disability Bill &the Transgender Persons(Protection of Rights)Bill
- July 2019 – July 2021- Appointed as Governor of Tripura
Social and Cultural Activities
- Actively associated with health camps, eye camps, rural development programs, sports competitions, etc.
- Special Interests- Woodcraft, painting, interior decoration, and gardening
- Sports and Clubs Presiden- Chhattisgarh Archery Olympic Association
- Favourite Pastimes and Recreation- Chatting with kids
- Countries Visited- Austria, Australia, Canada, Hungary, Italy, Malaysia, Singapore, Switzerland, U.A.E., U.K., U.S.A., Dubai, Brazil, Egypt, Athens, Rome, South Africa, and Indonesia.
- Other Information- Chairman, Madhya Pradesh Seeds, and Farm Development Corporation, 1992.
FAQs on the Governor of Jharkhand
Who is the Governor and Chief Minister of Jharkhand?
The Governor is appointed by the President of India for a term of five years. The Raj Bhavan in Ranchi serves as the official residence. Ramesh Bais is the governor of Jharkhand from 14 July 2021.
Who is the current president of Jharkhand?
Ravindra Nath Mahto is an Indian politician, currently serving as the Speaker of the Jharkhand Legislative Assembly. He is the leader of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha.
Which is the first language of Jharkhand?
While Hindi is the first official language of Jharkhand state in east-central India, more than 96% of the state’s population speaks a local tribal or regional language as their first (L1) or second language (L2) on a daily basis, and only 3.7 % speak Hindi as their first language (JTWRI 2013:4-5).
What is Jharkhand famous for?
Jharkhand is famous for its rich mineral resources like uranium, mica, bauxite, granite, gold, silver, graphite, magnetite, dolomite, fireclay, quartz, feldspar, coal (32% of India), iron, copper (25% of India) Is. Etcetera. Forests and woodlands occupy more than 29% of the state which is the highest in India.
Who is the youngest MLA of Jharkhand?
Amba Prasad is an Indian politician from Jharkhand and a member of the Indian National Congress. She has been elected as the Member of the Legislative Assembly of Jharkhand from Barkagaon in the 2019 Jharkhand Legislative Assembly elections. She is the youngest MLA in Jharkhand Legislative Assembly 2019.
Suggested Link:- National Scholarship Portal